Monday, July 29, 2013

Tender Mercies


     This week was a very difficult week. It was however a week that I will remember for the rest of my life because it was a week where I could feel the tender mercies of the Lord comfort me in my time of need. I am so thankful for my friends back home. In the middle of this week it reach the climax of the trails. That very same day I received an a letter from my old BYU roommate Chris. I'd have to say that I feel like that letter was a heaven sent gift from God. Just right when I felt so low I receive a letter from my hero that I have been wanting to talk to forever. A letter that encouraged me to just keep going. I never knew who my roommates where going to be when I went to BYU, but I have always felt that it was part of God's plan to place me with the people I lived with that year at BYU. That year changed my life, and really helped me decide to go on a mission. I don't think that my roommates will ever know how much I looked up to every single one of them, and how thankful I am for all that they did for me that year. Their help is still continuing to affect me to this very day.
 
     Elder McMahan and I are having a fairly rough time getting around in our new area. This area has to be the least bike-friendly place in the the world. There is no place for bikes. The designer of the Georgian roads must've not known there was such a thing as a bike. Because he did not make room for them on the road. People are continuously honking at us, or saying rude things to us to get off the road. There are no sidewalks. There is no shoulder for us to ride on. We are just doing we have to do to get around. I just wish that they could be more understanding.
 
     Like I said, there were many tender mercies of the Lord that have happened over this past week. I also got to hear from one of my favorite members from the Dunwoody ward this week, Bro Beaver! He informed me that Tony is still taking the lessons and that everyone really misses me. I miss that ward so much. I truly didn't realize how much I loved it until I left.
 
     Things with Elder McMahan and I are going really well. We get along great and have a lot of fun. I can tell that him and I are going to be good friends for a long time. I really am blessed for having such a great companion.
 
    That is all for this week, Love you all so much!
 
-Elder Ryan Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment