Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Great Week!


  It rained every single day this week. There were a lot of flood warnings, luckily it never flooded. Despite the rain, and despite being on bike we had a very successful week. We got 16 member present lessons and set two new baptismal dates. We are really working this area. I am so happy with the work that we are getting done. We are really talking with everyone and not letting a soul get past us. I am coming to realize more and more that I am becoming a mighty missionary. I am learning how to work with people, and how to talk with anyone. I am learning how to be organized and how to lead. I can tell that God is molding me into who he would like me to become.
 
     We set a baptismal date with this awesome guy named Courtney. Courtney is in a pretty rough situation in his life. He is going through a lot of trails but really wants to come closer to Jesus Christ. He showed God his sincerity and faith by coming to Church this Sunday. He LOVED Church. I am so glad. This ward has the most amazing Gospel Principles teacher I've seen yet on my mission. He evokes the spirit every lesson.
 
     This District is just unreal. The Sisters in this District just do so much work! They are fearless and have so much faith. They are bringing so many people closer to Jesus Christ it is just astounding. The amount of lessons that they teach, and the amount of people that they talk to is amazing. You can tell that these Sisters really want to be out here, and they aren't wasting a second of the time that God gave them. This District is one of the most successful Districts in the mission, and I know it is because of each missionary's faith.
 
     One of my favorite things to do in the mission is to go out with the Priests. I love being a possitive example for these young men. My main hope is that I can influence them enough to serve a mission. There is this boy named Joseph Sears in the ward. This kid is awesome. He comes out with us anytime that he can get the opportunity. Joseph is a fearless missionary. I am so glad that we have his support in the ward to come out with us.
 
     I really wish that I had more time to write, but my time is running out. I love you all so much and hope to hear from you soon.
 
-Elder Ryan Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment