Monday, July 22, 2013

A Wet Week


   I have never seen so much rain in my life. It just won't stop raining. It has rained more in the last 30 days than it did all last Summer. I am not a fan of the rain here. The rain doesn't cool anything down in Georgia. It is not enjoyable like it is out West. All the rain does is make everything steamy and sticky. It makes the humidity go up like crazy. After it rains all you can see is steam off of the roads. I am hoping that the upcoming week is dryer than the last. But I don't think that it is going to happen.
    This last week has been a pretty difficult week. We moved apartments and I have seen no ghost yet. Everything seems fine. We live with a family in the ward named the Carnell family. They are really nice. Brother Carnell is a great cook and is really teaching me a lot about cooking. Him and I get along really well. He is a business man and works with a lot of franchises. I really enjoy talking with him about business ideas and such.
    I have lost quite a bit of weight since I came into this Ward. There are three sets of missionaries. Two of those being Sisters. So we don't get very many meal appointments. Also I've been on bike this whole time. I do feel healthier and I like being able to control what I eat. My and Elder McMahan's diet basically consists of greek yogurt. I don't know why but it is just our favorite thing to eat. People laugh when they open our refrigerator and all there is is greek yogurt, almond milk, spinach and water. Haha. We don't really want to eat anything else though.
    The best part of the week was that Courtney and his family came to church. His wife came for the first time. She really enjoyed church. Tonight we will be having a family home evening with all of them. I am very excited. Courtney is not going to be able to be baptized this weekend because of some issues that we ran into. Nothing that can't be fixed though. We would really like to be able to baptize him with his wife too so the delay won't be too detrimental.
 
    I am excited for what the Lord has in store for me over the next transfer. I know that miracles are going to happen. I miss you all so much.

 
-Elder Ryan Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment