Monday, June 10, 2013

Lost Mountain

  I am in a place called Austell Georgia. It is a small town, extremely small compared to Atlanta. It is West of Atlanta. The Ward I am in is called the Lost Mountain Ward, it is in the Powder Springs Stake. I am so happy to be here. From what I have met of the ward members, they are all amazing. This ward is so missionary minded it is astounding. The Stake President is so on top of missionary work it isn't like anything I've ever seen in my mission. This Stake President, President Owen, is amazing. I see him being a Mission President in the very near future. He just has that demeanor. He is mighty. The place that we live in is the coolest ever. It is a mini house, sort of like a cabin, in the back of a non-members home. The non-members are named the Marks. And they are the kindest people in the world. They are so friendly and so helpful. I am excited to get to know them and become close with them.
    Now to the companion... Where do I start... Ugh. Let's just say I didn't get lucky this transfer. It is going to be a hard transfer. The past couple nights my companion has had night terrors and woken up screaming bloody murder at three in the morning. Then he's punched mulitple holes in the walls. I don't know what to do. President told me that he refuses to take his medicine so I have to sneak it to him in his food so he will calm down. He doesn't like teaching when we're in lesson. He likes yelling at the investigator till they submit and say we're right..... It's tough.... Alright, enough with the joke. Haha. Hope I didn't scare you too much.
     My real companion's name is the Elder Mcmahan (pronounced Mcman). He is AWESOME. We are already best friends. He is from San Diego California. We get along so well. He loves music just as much as I do. He even plays guitar. He actually doesn't just play the guitar, he shreds on the guitar. He is extremely musically tallented. I am so excited to be his companion. We both dress very similar and it is quite funny. When we got called to be companions an Elder named Elder Clements turned to me and said, "You two are going to be the most hip looking companions in the mission." Haha. It is true! We look good together. Hahaha.
     He has been out for about five months now. He is already a great missionary. I am the District Leader here in the Lost Mountain District. It is a small District, and they're are only Sisters in my District. Haha. Besides us there are two sets of Sisters in my District. They are great missionaries. I am so excited to be here. We have been working so hard the past couple of days to get everything rolling. I am going to work so hard this transfer to bring as many people I can into the fold of God.
     There are a couple more things that I would like to talk about but I don't have the time because I don't have a library card. I will fill you in on all the people that we are working with next week. This is a great area and the field is ready to harvest.
 
     I love you all so much. I hope to hear from some of you soon. My new address is:
 Elder Ryan Romero C/O Debara Marks
 4590 Harris Lane
 Austell, GA 30106
 
P.S. One of my favorite missionaries named Elder Parker is in this Zone! That's just good news.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhh Georgia in summer! That should be interesting, but since Elder Romero in "on Fire" anyway, he won't notice the difference in temps! Love the enthusiasm and strong testimony!

    ReplyDelete