Monday, May 13, 2013

Things are looking UP!

The Roldan family had their baptismal interviews last night. They all passed with flying colors and are so excited for this Saturday. I can't tell you how lucky I feel. I feel like the luckiest missionary in the world. God has blessed me with the chance to teach this amazing family and allowed me to stay here in Dunwoody long enough to be here for their baptism. I know that the Roldan's baptism is going to be a baptism that is going to affect future generations. They are all so converted. Gerardo promised me, pinky promised me, that he would serve a mission. I almost have no doubts that Daniella will also do the same. Even Brother and Sister Roldan want to serve missions once all their children move out of the house. Little Fabiana (their youngest one) is going to grow up in a home where the gospel is so strong and she will be baptized when she turns eight. I may even be lucky enough to be there for when they get sealed in the temple in one year. I will never forget Brother Roldan's excitement when he finished his interview. He had the largest smile on his face! I feel so privileged to have had the opportunity to be one of the many missionaries that played a role in bringing this family into the Church of Jesus Christ. There are few times in my life where I can recall having as much joy as I had last night after all the family passed their baptismal interviews. I can't wait to bless the sacrament with Gerardo next Sunday, that will be a great moment too. 
       I really don't have much more to say as of right now. Beth didn't get baptized this weekend. She got into some anti-mormon literature and stopped talking to us. We handed her teaching record over to the Sister missionaries because we feel that they may be able to work better with her. 
       Things are going so well right now. I am just so happy, and so content. I know that rough waters are ahead, but I'll tackle those when I get to them. I am so blessed. I love my family. I love my friends. I love God, he is so good. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that his Church was restored to the Earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith was an actual prophet. I love this gospel. I was so happy to have talked to my loved ones back home. I truly love you all so much. I miss you. I can't wait to be with you all again. 

     -Elder Ryan Romero 

No comments:

Post a Comment