Monday, April 1, 2013

Pretty Good Week


  A lot of walking was done this week. My Florsheims are getting real worn out. We had quite a few awesome adventures this week. I really like walking out in the sun and talking to people. Elder Greene and I decided to walk to the edge of our area and on the way we stopped and knocked this neighborhood. The first door we knocked on looked kind of iffy and I knew that whatever was on the otherside of the door was going to be interesting. My assumption was correct. An old white typical white southern man (definition: huge man that looks like Colonel Sanders) opens the door in nothing but his whitey tighties. Haha. Goodness, I don't know how I kept my composure. Elder Greene didn't quite keep it all together so I had to speak. Turns out he isn't interested in the Mormon faith, but it was still a good experience. Thought I'd start off the letter with that little story.
     This week was a pretty good week. We got a lot of work done and found a couple new pretty promising people. We found this awesome lady named Kita (short for Marquita). She is so cool! Nicest lady I have ever met while knocking doors. I sure hope that things go well with her. We are meeting with her tomorrow. Regarding our current investigators we have a little progress. We got a baptismal date with Ward for this Saturday but I don't know if he will make it to that date because he didn't come to Church this Sunday and we haven't been able to contact him since Saturday. I am really worried for whatever it is that is going on in his life. Please pray for him. Beth is another story... She is on track for Saturday. She is the most confusing investigator I have ever met. Things will be going well one second and then the next things will be terrible. Yesterday we had a huge break through with Beth. We had dinner at a members home and we invited her to come. She came and brought her HUSBAND! It was awesome. I think that her husband really enjoyed it and we know that he will support her in her baptism. Beth sent us a text this morning that made her really sound like she is getting cold feat about Saturday. I am just so confused with her. I know that if she doesn't get baptized on Saturday that she will eventually get baptized.
 
      I love Easter. I love the the resurrection and atonement of Jesus Christ. That is what this is all about. It is central to the Plan of Salvation. I love what Paul says in Corinthians chapter 15. He expresses how extremely important the resurrection is to everything thast we do. Without the resurrection everything that we do would be in vain. Because of Christ we are all promised a resurrection. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. I still continually think about Jesus first appearing to Mary. Jesus and Mary were extremely close, and both had a deep love and care for eachother. She was so grieved by the loss of her master. I can only imagine the Joy that she felt when Jesus simply uttered her name "Mary" and she recognized that the person she was talking to was her beloved master. I don't think that anyone (even the apostles) really fully understood quite what the resurrection was. Everyone was astonished by the news that his body was gone and immediately assumed that his body was stolen.  Even though Jesus had told them multiple times that he was going to be resurrected. I think that his resurrection truly was too amazing for all of them to grasp. I think a lot of the times that it is too amazing for us to grasp, and we forget about how truly amazing that this event is going to be. We are each going to have the chance to stand in the place of Mary and meet our loved ones again. I can't wait for that day.
 
      I love you all so much. I hope that you all had a wonderful Easter. I hope that everything back in Utah is great. I truly miss everyone there so much.
 
-Elder Ryan Romero
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment