Monday, April 8, 2013

Miracles are just around the Bend

This week was a difficult week, but I know that the next week has miracles waiting for us. Beth and Ward were not baptized this weekend. We still have not been able to get in contact with Ward. We honestly have no idea what happened to him. We've tried everything. His roommate told us that he went on a vacation and came home without his car and that he has been acting kind of strange since. I just don't know what happened. This trial confirms to me how true this Church is and how much Satan will fight against this work. Beth does not feel ready yet for baptism. She says that she is still concerned about how it will affect her relationship with her husband. I know that Beth will eventually be baptized, I just don't know when that day will be. I know God uses trials to give us the opportunity to grow, and I am going to choose to grow from these trials. 
     So many things happened this week. I just don't know where to begin. Elder Greene and I decided that we were going to do a car fast to help the work progress in our area. A car fast is sacrifice using your car for the day to help bring blessings. We decided to go and knock on a house that Elder Greene felt like we should go and knock on. The problem was that that house was six miles away. Well, we decided to walk anyways. During our journey we had the opportunity to talk to a lot of different people. When we finally got to the house and knocked on the door, no one was home. Haha. We couldn't help but laugh. We decided to knock the rest of the neighborhood and found a really nice old man named Jimmy that has been to Salt Lake and loves the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. In all we walked about 13 miles. During the walk I couldn't stop thinking of the primary song, "pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked." I couldn't stop thinking about the sacrifices that those pioneers made to come to Utah. I am so proud of our heritage. I know that blessings will come from our little car fast.
     Luckily this week ended on a high note with conference. I want to talk about another little experience that I had this week before I talk about conference. A night this week an Elder from my District gave me a call and told me about an incident that happened with them and their recent convert. Their convert accidentally stumbled upon some anti-mormon literature. Because of her first exposure it caused her to look into it more and more. Well when the Elders visited her she told them about all that she has come across and showed them some of what she has found. Some of the stuff kind of shook them up and that is why they called me. They didn't have answers for some of the things that she brought up and they wanted answers. I told them that it all comes down to The Book of Mormon. Is it true? They will try to attack and attack its validity, and we can come back with answers and explanations. Then they will just come up with more things to attack  it with, and it is just a battle that will never end until Jesus Christ comes himself to reveal the truth. The breaking point is our person wittness of The Book of Mormon. That is the only way that we will ever know that it is true. By the power of the Holy Ghost is how we will know the truth of all things. We all need that spiritual confirmation, because we will all face adversity. If we don't have that firm foundation and testimony, when we are faced with trials like anti-mormon literature we will fall. No one can ever take away, or deny, your spiritual confirmation of The Book of Mormon. This applies to all of us, not just missionaries facing adversity or the new investigator. I loved Elder Hollands talk this conference. We must fan the flame of our faith. We must. If you want to know this Church is true. Read the Book of Mormon, and pray about it. Simple as that. 
      Well that was sort of a tangent... But I love this Gospel. It is so true. I have got to get going now. Peace. 

-Elder Ryan Romero 

No comments:

Post a Comment