Monday, December 17, 2012

Another transfer week




Holy Cow, I'm starting my fifth transfer. I will hit my sixth month mark this week. That is absolutely crazy. Time is going by faster than ever. Elder Armenta and I are really doing work. We are working with so many people! This area has totally turned around since I white washed in. Goodness, I love this place. Dunwoody was the area that no one wanted to go to, but now Elder Armenta and I both don't want to go. The AP's called us this morning and let us know whether or not we were going to be moved this transfer. We picked up the phone and they said, "Well... Elder Armenta was going to go back to Lithonia, But... We have had people calling in from your area requesting that you both stay. So we had to move things around this morning, but you are both going to stay." This news was the greatest news ever. Elder Armenta and I are best buds, he is seriously my favorite companion. I love the members here. Right after that phone call we got on our knees and thanked God for allowing us to stay another transfer. One of the families that called the President was the Roldans. We had a meeting with them last night and let them know that there was a good chance that one of us was getting moved, and that we'd call them in the morning and let them know what is going on. After we got off the phone with the AP's we texted Bro Roldan and said "We're staying!" and he texted back, "We have the power! We prayed that you'd stay and texted your President." 

     The Roldans are amazing. We are continuing to teach them. Their daughter comes home from BYU today for the holidays. Having her there is really going to help us. They have committed to live all the commandments. Yesterday they stayed for all three hours of church for the first time. They are really really progressing. I love this family with all of my heart. Leaving them when I eventually do get transferred is going to be so difficult. I just hope that I can be here for their baptism. I can't wait for my friends and family to meet the Roldans. This family is seriously amazing. 

Elder Romero and Junior
     I want to talk about a member in this area for a little. His name is Brother Asper. This man has been a member for one and a half years. He is now the High Priest Group Leader of the ward. Next week the whole bishopric will be gone for the holidays so Brother Asper will be on the stand. There is only one word to describe this man, Inspirational. He will do anything to help us out. He is the smartest guy I have ever met. He studies everything. His desire to follow Christ is stronger than anyone's I have ever met. He has read about ever Church study material that you could imagine. He's read about every book from the most famous BYU religion professors you could find. The most amazing thing about Brother Asper is that studying and being kind and Christlike is just who he is. It is just part of his character. He is hands down the most inspirational man I have met on my mission, or possibly in my life. He's promised to come camping with me in Utah when I get back and come to my homecoming, so hopefully everyone will get to meet him. 
Junior, Elder Romero, Elder Armeta, Joe

     I don't have too much time today because we got a busy P-Day today. We have got a lot of cleaning to do! Things are going great here in Dunwoody. I am enjoying my mission to the fullest right now. I want to thank everyone that has sent/sending me a 12 days of Christmas present. You guys are the greatest. I am so thankful for everyone back home that loves and cares about me, and I want you to all know that I love and care about you too! I love you all so so much!! 

Merry Christmas! 


-Elder Ryan Romero 


No comments:

Post a Comment