Monday, July 9, 2012

Last Day in the MTC

Hello everyone!
 
     Today is my last day at the MTC. It has been a great day. I am writing today because I won't be able to tomorrow. I have to say that I loved my MTC experience. It was a tough three weeks, but I can honestly say that it was one of the most rewarding three weeks of my life. I have learned so much about myself, made some eternal friends, had the best teachers ever, and had the best district ever. I could not have asked for a better MTC experience.
 
     Today we watch all three episodes of "The District 2." It is only a three part show where they follow these missionaries in San Diego around. It is amazing how much you learn from these videos. I have never been so pumped after watching a video than I was after I watched that. It was like watching a snowboarding video in the Fall and being really excited about going snowboarding, but that feeling times 20. I am so excited for tomorrow. I am so excited to find the people that I am suppose to teach. I am so excited to love them with the love of Christ. I am so excited to share with people the message that has blessed my life! I am so excited to fall in love with the people of Atlanta!!! I know that people wait their whole life's to hear the message that I am going to bring them. I am forever grateful for the decision that I made to come and serve because if I wouldn't have, those people wouldn't have the chance to hear that message in this life. I am going to work so hard, harder than I ever have before. My teacher told us yesterday that there are only two types of missionaries. There are the "no-regret" missionaries and the "I blew it" missionaries. I want to have no regrets when I come home, and I will. I will come home knowing that I have shared my message with everyone I could, and that I have helped and changed the lives of as many people as I could.
 
     I want to end with a spiritual thought. Yesterday the scripture 2 Nephi 31: 20 really spoke to me. It says, "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." Now replace "Wherefore" with your own name. This scripture literally spoke to me when I did that. I know exactly what I need to do in this life and on my mission. I know that I need to press forward with Christ, have hope and the love of god, feast upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end. I know that if I do those things I am going to have a fantastic life and a fantastic mission. I am a worrier. I have worried a lot in the MTC. When read this scripture and it told me to have "hope" I know that that is what I needed to do. I was lacking hope. I know that by reading the scriptures you can gain more hope in your life than by any other means. The scriptures give us purpose, and without a purpose we would be nothing.
 
     I am excited to tell you guys about all my experiences in Atlanta. I can't wait to send pictures! I have taken a lot with all the amazing people I have met! Oh and one last thing, everyone listen to "Abide with me; 'Tis Eventide" I love that hymn. I have probably heard it before the MTC, but I never realized how amazing it is. LISTEN!
 
     I love you all so much and miss you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment