Monday, March 18, 2013

Up on My Feet

Elder Baker, Tran, Hansen, Post, Kimball, Me, Greene, Armenta

  Five more weeks in Dunwoody. I guess the Lord feels like my work here is not yet done. The members of the ward seemed happy to have me stick around for another transfer. There is still a lot of work to be done in this area and a lot of souls to save. I am pretty satisfied staying another transfer. I feel like that I really have a work that I need to complete here. I know that there are people out there that I need to find, and I am going to work so hard to find them.
    Multiple times this week Elder Greene and I spent the whole day on our feet. I have grown to hate the car we drive. I feel like I am in a bubble moving through crowds of people that need to hear the gospel. I told Elder Greene that for a couple of days we are going to ex our vehicle and do missionary work on our feet. We are only going to drive for appointments. This past week has been very successful because of it. We  have talked to loads of people and have found a couple really great people. I feel a lot more like a missionary when I am up on my feet walking around talking with people.
    This was a very good week, we had a lot of lessons and our investigators are really progressing. We took one of our investigators named Mike to go see the Church and the Temple. He loved it so much that he wanted me to take a picture of him with the Angel Moroni in the background. He is a really nice guy. He has very strong Jehovah's Witness beliefs. Learning about what other religions believe I'd say has been one of my favorite things about my mission. It is so interesting looking at the Bible through another religion's eyes. Then deciding for myself, and listening to the Holy Ghost for what is true and who is right.
    
    This week I decided to make a DVD on a member's computer of the Bible Videos that the Church has put out. That way if the person I was teaching didn't have a computer or access to the internet (which is usually the case) we could watch these videos. I have never really taken the time to watch them until I had this idea to make the DVD. I knew the Church had them, and I had heard they were good, and that is why I wanted to make a DVD of them. When I watched them I was overcome with the spirit. I never really liked the Finding Faith in Christ DVD. It is pretty out of date and very cheesy. These videos however are extremely professional, and very moving. The one that struck me the most was the one entitled "Jesus is Resurrected" and it goes over one of my favorite scriptures. It is John 20: 17 and it says, "Jesus Saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: But go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God and your God." This scripture for some reason strikes me so strongly. It is my "James 1: 5". When Jesus Christ says this scripture in the Bible video it struck such a chord in my heart. Does everyone realize that is reading this that we are the Children of God? And what that means!
Death can not overcome us. We can overcome the effects of the fall, and be heirs of the kingdom of God with our older brother Jesus Christ (Romans 8). How amazing that is. I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE the Bible. It has a place in my heart like no other book besides the Book of Mormon. I can hold a conversation about the Bible like I could music. And if you've ever heard me talk about music, I can really talk.

     I have got to get going. Time is short and it only seems to be getting shorter. P-Days seem to be the quickest days of the week. So much to do, so little time. I love you all so much. The Church is True.

-Elder Ryan Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment