Monday, February 4, 2013

Another End of a Transfer

Has it really been 12 weeks since I came into Dunwoody? Where has the time gone. It seems like yesterday I was driving down up the I285 with my new companion coming to my new area. Now the time has come, the end of the transfer. This Morning around 9AM we got the call from the AP's telling us what is happening. Are you ready? Drum roll...... ta ta ta ta...... I am staying and training. Elder Armenta is leaving and training in another area. We were not surprised that this was going to happen. We are having 16 new Elders come in this transfer and only about 5 leaving. So we both figured we were going to be training. Also, that is what the AP's told as at the start of this transfer when they told us that they had to pull a few strings to keep us here another transfer. Now I am going to go into my rant about how much I love Elder Armenta. 
     Elder Armenta and I have become best friends over the past 9 weeks. We have become so incredibly close. I have always wanted a best friend and I feel like I have that in Elder Armenta. He is the nicest coolest kid I have ever met. He has been such a good example to me about how a missionary should be, but more importantly how a disciple of Jesus Christ should be. He is constantly looking for opportunities to serve other people whether it be making my bed while I'm in the shower, or taking up someone's garbage can to their house, or writing a note to a sick member telling them how great they are. He is consistently representing Jesus Christ. I am so sad to see him go. I don't know how I am going to survive without him. I know that God need's his help in other parts of the Atlanta Georgia Mission. His affect that he has had on me and the Dunwoody ward will be one that will stay forever. 
     I don't really know what the next six weeks have in store for me and my new companion. Sometimes I get nervous being a trainer. I feel like I still need to be trained. I do like having to be an example to a younger Elder though. It helps me strive to continuously be a better missionary. I am excited to learn about my companion's life and learn all about his interests, and talents. People fascinate me. Everyone has a story and I love hearing them. I hope that I can be to my new companion what Elder Armenta was to me. I hope that I can be a strong example of Jesus Christ for him to follow. I hope that I can help my new companion grow as much as possible and have myself grow in the process. 
      There is a lot of work to be done in the Dunwoody area. A lot of seeds to sow, and plants to harvest. I have a feeling that this next transfer is going to be a good one. The Dunwoody area is ripe and already to harvest. I am so glad that at least one of us is staying in the area to maintain the relationship with the members. Dunwoody is a powerhouse of member support, you just need to know where to find those key members. I and Elder Armenta know who those people are, and I am going to teach my greenie who they are also. I am so excited to take him around the area and introduce him to all the amazing members of the ward. I am so excited for him to meet Brother Asper and be awed by his Gospel knowledge. 

     Regarding the work over the past week in the area, things have been pretty good. Beth did not get baptized on Saturday. Somethings came up that are preventing her from being baptized, personal things. Nothing too serious, but they did prevent her from being baptized on Saturday. She should however be baptized fairly soon. We still have a strong relationship with Beth and she still has a strong desire to be baptized. There are just a few things that we have got to work out. 
     The best news from the week is that we regained contact with Tony and Kim! Turns out that they didn't get antied. Their lives have just been incredibly hectic due to Tony being out of work. When we drove into their apartment complex Tony drive in right behind us. We were so excited to see him, and surprisingly he was excited to see us. We went inside and sat down and talked with him and Kim. You could just tell that Kim was a nervous wreck from everything that has been going on. I had a feeling that I should ask Kim if she'd like a blessing, and she said yes. So I gave her the blessing and she got up with tears in her eyes because she was so grateful. It was truly a miracle that we got to see them that night. If we would have gone a minute later or a minute earlier we would have missed Tony and probably wouldn't have gotten into see them. It was so relieving to know that they still love us and still want us to come by. 

      Well I have got to get going. I am glad to be staying here another transfer I am excited for what the Lord has in store. 

-Elder Ryan Romero 

No comments:

Post a Comment