Monday, November 19, 2012

New Transfer, New Companion, New Area


I have been transferred. My new area is called Dunwoody. Dunwoody is in the Northern part of Atlanta. It is a much more wealthy part of Atlanta. When I first got my call to Atlanta I questioned whether or not I would even serve inside the city haha. Looks like I am probably going to serve half of my mission in the city. Dunwoody was recently closed to missionaries... I am now opening it back up. The relationship hasn't been the best between the missionaries and the ward, so I am hoping to repair that relationship. Besides getting a new area, I have got a new companion. His name is Elder Grassley and he is fresh out of the MTC. He is a great kid and we have a lot in common. Besides getting new area and companion, I am now a District Leader. I have three areas in my district. I have gotten to know most of the kids in my district pretty well because I am still in the same zone. I am very excited to serve all of them by being their new District Leader.

     Dunwoody is very different from Decatur. It is amazing how diverse Atlanta is. Dunwoody is a very rich part of Atlanta. I have seen more 100+ thousand dollar cars than I ever have in my life here. The work has been slow in Dunwoody in the past. I am confident with enough faith and hard work that Elder Grassley and I can make this area new and productive. We have already seen the fruits of our hard work.

     I feel very bad for Elder Grassley. I white washed into my first area and I didn't really enjoy it. At first it doesn't feel like you are doing much missionary work because most of your time is spent reorganizing all the paper work. Over the past couple days we have completely redid the map, and reorganized the area book. It took a lot of time. This area was a mess, it is no wonder it hasn't been productive. I know that when we leave this area, we are definitelty going to leave it better than when we found it.
     I don't have too much to say today. A lot has happened. The past week feels like it has been a month... The start of transfers always feels really slow. I don't know why I don't have much to say... The sky is gray today. I hate gray days. I am running out of time and I just don't know what to say. My mind is so full of thoughts, it has been running a million miles a second. I just can't wait to see what is down the road. I want to be the best trainer ever, I want to be the best District Leader ever. I just hope that I can stay strong for Elder Grassley and help him in any way possible. It is odd having someone who relies on you. It is really pushing me to be the best missionary I can be. I know how important that first companion is.
     My new address is 9105 Peachford Circle, Dunwoody, GA 30338. I hope to hear from anyone that reads this. I hope that all is well back home. I hope everyone is staying safe and doing the things that they are supposed to.
 Elder Romero and Elder Grassley-Dunwoody GA

I love you all so much.
-Elder Ryan Romero

No comments:

Post a Comment